About Ornamental Landscape Maintainers Ltd.
ISA Certified Arborist in Calgary, AB
From start to finish, Ornamental Landscape Maintainers Ltd. Provides the best services and takes care in providing quality service to all our customers.
Take your garden from plain and uninviting to beautiful and useful with wood, water and stone features, retaining walls and patios from Ornamental Landscape Maintainers Ltd. We do residential and commercial complete yard care! We also work with condominium complexes and industrial complexes.
My name is Don McDonald and I have over 45 years of experience and I am a Journeyman Landscape Gardener ornamental horticultural technologist and I.S.A certified Arborist in Calgary.
- Plant health care or preventive maintenance to keep trees in good health while reducing any insect, disease, or site problem
- Fertilization and soil modification for improved tree health
- Cabling or bracing for added support to branches with weak attachments
- Soil aeration to improve root growth
- Installation of lightning protection systems
- Treatments to manage certain insect and disease problems
- Consulting and legal expert services relating to trees
Selecting the right arborist for the job
- Check for membership in professional organizations such as the international society of arboriculture (ISA), the tree care industry association (TCIA), or the American society of consulting arborists (ASCA). Such membership demonstrates a willingness on the part of the arborist to stay up-to-date on the latest techniques and information.
- Check for ISA arborist certification. ISA certified arborists are experienced professionals who have passed an extensive examination covering all aspects of tree care.
- Ask for proof of insurance and then phone the insurance company if you are not satisfied. A reputable arborist carries personal and property damage insurance as well as workers compensation insurance.
- Check for necessary permits and licenses. Some governmental agencies require contractors to apply for permits and/or to apply for a license before they are able to work.
- Ask for references to find out where the company has done work similar to what you are requesting. Don’t hesitate to check references or visit other work sites where the company or individual has done tree work.
- Get more than one estimate, unless you know and are comfortable with the arborist. You may have to pay for the estimates, and it will take more time, but it will be worth the investment.